HOLLYWOOD, Fla., June 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- At the INSITE™ 2014 conference in Hollywood, Florida, Pershing LLC, a BNY Mellon company, today announced the launch of its new, fully integrated, next generation managed investments platform available through NetX360®. A key attribute of the new platform is its ability to accommodate firms that custody with Pershing as well as firms that use other custodians. In addition to the new multi-custodial capabilities, the platform provides a comprehensive suite of tools, including client risk profiling, portfolio analytics, model management, wealth reporting and business intelligence that will help firms and their advisors to be competitive in today's marketplace and to accelerate the growth of their managed investments business.
As the shift to an advisory model continues to grow, the Pershing Managed Investments Platform provides advisor tools to assist in meeting the needs of investors in a scalable way with maximum efficiency. A recent Cerulli study found that the market opportunity potential represents nearly 118 million households and $27 trillion in total investable assets1. At the same time, assets in fee-based managed accounts are growing faster than assets in long-term mutual funds2.
"A growing number of investors are demanding tailor-made portfolios they didn't require at previous asset levels," said John Brett, managing director and head of Pershing's Managed Investments group. "This new platform gives investors the customization they now need, within a flexible, fully-integrated model. Advisors who position themselves now for this next stage of evolution in wealth management will improve their competitive advantage as they engage with an increasingly sophisticated market segment."
A number of market forces have converged to enhance the availability of managed investments for investors. These factors include a shift from commission to fees, scalability made possible by technology advancements, changing service and investment models, the growth of the mutual fund wrap business, and a strong demand for financial advice from investors. The convergence of these trends has influenced and informed the construction of Pershing's platform.
The main features of the platform include:
- Multi-custody capabilities – For RIAs and broker-dealers who custody with Pershing, the Managed Investments platform is available through NetX360, Pershing's technology platform for advisors and RIAs. These clients are able to seamlessly access and service their retail and managed accounts through a single, integrated experience. Additionally, the platform's multi-custody capability allows large financial institutions that either self-clear or leverage an alternative clearing provider with the opportunity to develop a customized managed account platform, integrated into their firm's advisor workstation.
- Intuitive proposal generation system – A powerful, easy-to-use analytics tool, this system allows advisors to create comprehensive investment proposals for their clients and prospects. They can incorporate multiple managed investment solutions into a single proposal, include investment proposals that communicate potential benefits, and deliver these to the client in one fully-integrated document.
- Advisor model management – This feature allows advisors to act as a portfolio manager, constructing and adjusting models as necessary. It also provides enhanced risk management tools that let home offices establish guidelines to ensure each client is invested properly based on their risk appetite.
- Wealth reporting through integration with Albridge, a Pershing affiliate – Albridge wealth reporting gives advisors the tools to track portfolios and customize reports seeking to provide value to the investor.
- Access to big data and business intelligence metrics – Advisors can deliver smarter and more cost-effective investment advice via access to real-time data and a 360-degree view of a client's investment portfolio.
- Integration – Perhaps the most compelling aspects of these new features are that they are fully integrated into the core NetX360 advisor workstation, providing significant efficiencies for advisors and their staff in managing books of business.
Mr. Brett added, "We are currently working with clients to enhance their experiences with the new platform and we expect this process to continue throughout the remainder of the year."
For more information regarding the Pershing Managed Investments platform, please visit: www.pershing.com/managedinvestments.
Pershing and its affiliates provide global financial business solutions to approximately 1,600 financial organizations, broker-dealers, registered investment advisory firms, advisors, fund managers and asset managers who represent over 5.6 million active accounts. Located in 23 offices worldwide, Pershing delivers dependable operational support, robust trading services, flexible technology, an expansive array of investment solutions, practice management support and service excellence. Pershing affiliates are members of every major U.S. securities exchange, and its international affiliates are members of the Deutsche Borse, Australian Stock Exchange, Irish Stock Exchange, London Stock Exchange and Toronto Stock Exchange.
Pershing LLC (member FINRA/NYSE/SIPC) is a BNY Mellon company. Additional information is available on pershing.com, or follow us on Twitter @Pershing.
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of March 31, 2014, BNY Mellon had $27.9 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.6 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com, or follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon.
1. Source: The Cerulli Report - U.S. Retail Investor Product Use 2013
2. Source: Strategic Insight/SIMFUND, Cerulli Associates, 2000 – 3Q2013
+1 551 697 6442
SOURCE BNY Mellon