BNY Mellon provides a full suite of sophisticated financial services that help Australian institutions move, manage and secure assets in capital markets around the world.
BNY Mellon has been in Australia since 1975. Based in Melbourne and Sydney, we’re a leading global financial services firm for Australia’s pension funds, banks, asset managers, insurance companies, and government bodies. We provide investment management, securities servicing, cash management, payments and trade services, and other sophisticated offerings.
Superannuation and Sustainability
Long regarded as a model for sustainability, Australia's superannuation system requires first-class financial services to stay on course. With superannuation assets and liabilities projected to grow significantly over the coming decades, Australia needs a financial services partner with the scale and scope to succeed. By seamlessly integrating our wide range of services, BNY Mellon delivers complete solutions to help Australia's institutions move ahead.
Financial Strength and Support
The services BNY Mellon delivers in Australia are bolstered by a solid capital base and strong credit ratings. As prudent in managing our own business as we are in managing and servicing our clients' assets, BNY Mellon is recognized throughout the industry for the integrity with which we meet our clients' needs.
- 2003: BNY Mellon Investment Management Australia Limited launches.
- 2005: Corporate Trust business opens.
- 2008: Roseberry custody-vault offers secure document services.
- 2009-2012: Australian and New Zealand DR market share exceeds 90%
- 2009: APRA-licensed Foreign Authorized Deposit-taking Institution.
- 2011: Acquires Penson WorldWide Australia unit.
- 2013: Pareto Investment Management Limited becomes part of the Insight group.
- 2015: Data and Analytics Solutions (Eagle Investment Systems) establishes its presence in Australia