BNY Mellon provides a full suite of sophisticated financial services that help Australian institutions move, manage and secure assets in capital markets around the world.
BNY Mellon entered the Australian market in 1975 and has since become one of the leading global financial services firms in the country. From offices in Melbourne and Sydney we provide investment management, corporate trust, depositary, securities servicing, cash management, payments and trade services to a wide range of Australian institutions, including pension funds, banks, asset managers, listed issuers, insurance companies and government bodies.
Superannuation and Sustainability
Long regarded as a model for sustainability, Australia's superannuation system requires first-class financial services to stay on course. With superannuation assets and liabilities projected to grow significantly over the coming decades, Australia needs a financial services partner with the scale and scope to succeed. By seamlessly integrating our wide range of services, BNY Mellon delivers complete solutions to help Australia's institutions move ahead.
Financial Strength and Support
The services BNY Mellon delivers in Australia are bolstered by a solid capital base and strong credit ratings. As prudent in managing our own business as we are in managing and servicing our clients' assets, BNY Mellon is recognized throughout the industry for the integrity with which we meet our clients' needs now and in the future.
- 2003: Launches BNY Mellon Investment Management Australia Limited to provide a wide range of traditional and alternative investment strategies
- 2005: Establishes Corporate Trust business in Australia
- 2009-2012: Launches several new Depositary Receipt programs for corporates and financial institutions to push BNY Mellon’s market share of the Australian Depositary Receipt market past 70%
- 2009: Obtains licence from the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) to conduct banking business as a Foreign Authorised Deposit-taking Institution
- 2010-2012: #1 ranking for BNY Mellon’s Corporate Trust services according to The Asset magazine’s “Best in Corporate Trust - Australia” award
- 2011: Acquires Penson WorldWide Australia unit and becomes the largest fully disclosed retail clearing firm in Australia
- 2013: BNY Mellon subsidiary, Insight Investment acquires fellow boutique manager Pareto Investment Management to form Insight Pareto, one of the largest active currency managers in Australia
- 2015: Data and Analytics Solutions (Eagle Investment Systems) establishes its presence in Australia
- 2017: BNY Mellon Markets establishes its local presence in Australia
- 2018: BNY Mellon Investment Management Australia Limited wins the Best Offshore Manager operating in Australia at the Alternative Investment Association awards