BNY Mellon provides a wide range of investment solutions that help Korean institutions move, manage and secure assets in capital markets around the world.
For over 100 years, BNY Mellon has maintained a valued presence in Asia Pacific and our vast experience has allowed us to meet our clients’ diverse financial needs. In Korea, BNY Mellon has had a strong presence since 1988, and over the years, we have built a strong Korean client base and reputation. We remain committed to helping our clients achieve their financial goals both at home and globally.
Korea is one of the major export economies in the world. Our comprehensive financial services help our Korean clients deliver excellence. BNY Mellon’s services include asset management, securities servicing, treasury services and other investment solutions.
BNY Mellon has a solid capital base and strong credit ratings. We are prudent in managing our own business as well as our clients’ assets.
- Seoul Branch established, 1988
- Sponsors Korea's first American Depositary Receipt (ADR), 1994
- Provides Global Custody Services and Securities Lending to sovereign wealth and public pension funds, 1994
- Establishes asset management representative office in Seoul, 2006
- Serves as Collateral Management agent for the first tri-party equity financing trade in Korea, 2008
- Obtains Discretionary Investment Management License, 2010; Converts to Investment Advisory License, 2014
- Opens a representative office in Jeonju, 2019