NEW YORK, March 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In its first-ever People Report released today, BNY Mellon shares what it means to be invested in its people through wide-ranging, multi-media stories told by its own employees, representing more than 50,000 staff in 35 countries globally. In the report, BNY Mellon showcases how raising the bar on people and performance is enabling a 230-year financial services firm to transform itself to attract, engage and retain employees, exceed client expectations, enhance shareholder value and improve lives through investing. The report is available online at www.bnymellon.com/peoplereport.
"Our extraordinary talent is a competitive advantage and it's critical to cultivating a winning culture at BNY Mellon and delivering extraordinary results," said Monique R. Herena, Chief Human Resources Officer and Senior Executive Vice President, BNY Mellon. "Starting with the best talent – with the right experience and expertise – and investing in that talent, we're enabling our people to realize their full potential, take ownership of their careers and drive better business outcomes for our stakeholders. Our People Report spotlights some of those stories."
The 2016 People Report explores talent through six elements:
- Lead: Invested to be the best – building on a long history of firsts, BNY Mellon is investing in its people to go beyond leadership to be best-in-class.
- Impact: Invested to make a difference – supported by a distinctive people strategy, BNY Mellon professionals drive powerful outcomes, such as helping companies create jobs, governments better serve their citizens and individuals achieve their financial and life goals.
- Innovate: Invested in exceeding expectations – combining deep knowledge with decisive action and innovative technologies, BNY Mellon people deliver transformative results that help clients thrive.
- Accelerate: Invested to win – serving clients through every stage of the investment lifecycle, BNY Mellon professionals deliver local access with global insights and expertise.
- Collaborate: Invested in a global team – powering investment success as a cohesive team, BNY Mellon people are unified through shared values.
- Trust: Invested in quality and integrity – advising many of the world's most respected organizations and leading investors, BNY Mellon people earn trust every day by executing critical investment decisions that underpin confidence and stability in the global financial markets.
"Leaders don't wait for change, they create it. Our people are pioneering the use of new technologies, driving innovation and helping to shape the future of the financial services industry in ways that might surprise you," Herena added.
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of Dec. 31, 2015, BNY Mellon had $28.9 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.6 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
SOURCE BNY Mellon