SINGAPORE, 23 November 2012 — BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, last night walked away with the highly coveted trophy for ‘Asset Service Provider of the Year’ in Asian Investor’s 2012 Service Provider Awards.
Asian Investor’s annual awards recognise individuals and firms in the Asian securities servicing industry for exceptional performance, influence, innovation and commitment to the industry. This was the second accolade for BNY Mellon in this year’s awards, having been named as ‘Best Securities Lending’ firm in the lead up to the awards dinner held in Hong Kong last night.
“It is a great honour to accept this prestigious award,” said Chong Jin Leow, head of Asia-Pacific, BNY Mellon Asset Servicing. “Service excellence has long been the bedrock of our approach in Asia-Pacific and we are proud to be recognised for our unwavering commitment to client care.”
This latest award rounds off a highly successful year for BNY Mellon regarding asset servicing-related honours bestowed by financial services publications globally. 2012 highlights include:
- November - ‘Ireland – Fund Administrator of the Year’ in ACQ magazine’s 2012 Global Awards.
- October - Honoured by Intelligent Insurer magazine as Global Best Bank for Custody
- September - Industry Innovation Award for ‘Custody-Asset Management Servicing’ from aiCIO magazine
- April - Winner of five awards from Custody Risk magazine in its inaugural Custody Risk Americas Awards 2012 - Pension Fund Custodian, Mutual Fund Administrator, Custodian-Latin America, Transfer Agent, as well as jointly winning Most Innovative Project of the Year with its affiliate Pershing LLC.
- April - “Best Service Provider - The Americas” at the eighth annual Global ETF Awards, sponsored by exchangetradedfunds.com. This was the sixth consecutive year that BNY Mellon has been honored as the top service provider to ETFs (exchanged-traded funds)
- April - Received top industry recognition at The Asset magazine’s Triple A Transaction Banking Awards 2012 scooping seven accolades including Best Global Custodian in Asia for the fifth consecutive year. BNY Mellon’s Chong Jin Leow was named Custodian Banker of the Year with The Asset citing the award was in recognition for managing and building BNY Mellon’s Asset Servicing business in Asia through boom and bust times, notably after the 2008 global financial crisis.
- March - Best Asian Hedge Fund Administrator Award in the 2012 Hedgeweek Awards in London
BNY Mellon Asset Servicing offers clients worldwide a broad spectrum of specialised asset servicing capabilities, including custody and fund services, securities lending, performance and analytics, and execution services.
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, offering superior investment management and investment services through a worldwide client-focused team. It has $27.9 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $1.4 trillion in assets under management, services $11.6 trillion in outstanding debt and processes global payments averaging $1.4 trillion per day. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com or follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon.