BNY Mellon Supports Employees and Communities During COVID-19
At BNY Mellon, a spirit of citizenship and service has inspired our philanthropic work for 235 years. Informed by that legacy, we have mobilized the resources of our company and the talents of our employees to make a positive social impact in the communities where we live and work. As the impact of the coronavirus continues to expand, our communities need us more than ever.
Todd Gibbons, Chief Executive Officer said, “The speed with which the disease has spread, and the magnitude of it, left many of our health care facilities and community organizations under-resourced and overwhelmed. I am proud that during this uncertain and challenging period BNY Mellon can be a pillar that our people, clients and communities can lean on.”
There are extensive COVID-19 relief efforts initiated through all facets of the organization. These include:
- Philanthropic donations to the hardest-hit areas in support of global public health infrastructure through non-profit partners Center for Disease Control, the International Medical Corps, and Save the Children.
- Commitments to local hospitals including: Brooklyn Hospital and New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
- Providing 600 iPads® to the NYC Health + Hospitals system. This commitment from our Technology team enables COVID-19 patients to connect with loved ones while they are in isolation at the hospital, heartbreakingly, in some cases as a means to say goodbye to their families.
- Supporting local organizations that provide front-line and direct relief in the COVID-19 outbreak, including first responders, healthcare, transit and other front-line workers, as well as serve some of the most vulnerable populations by providing PPEs, medical equipment, meals, shelter, transportation, sanitation items, educational supplies, childcare programs, and financial support.
- Initiating the COVID-10 Response and Relief Campaign. Through May 15, 2020, the company is making a 2:1 match for employee donations, up to $10,000 per employee and up to $1mm total match across the enterprise.
As the situation evolves, we are actively sourcing new philanthropic opportunities to provide impactful, lasting and meaningful contributions.