Luxembourg Out-of-Court Complaints Handling Process
Regulatory framework: a complaint within the Luxembourg Financial Sector is defined as “a complaint filed with a professional to recognize a right or redress a harm”.
Out-of–Court resolution of complaint is ruled by Regulation N° 16-07 issued by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (“CSSF”).
Process to log your complaint with us
- Contact your Relationship Manager or Client Service representative to log your complaint
- Write to us via mail to the attention of the relevant management of the legal entity servicing you:
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV
Att: Luxembourg Branch Management
2-4 rue Eugene Ruppert
Vertigo Building - Polaris
- Log your complaint with the Luxembourg Compliance Department
You can also log a complaint by reaching out to our Compliance Department via email. Please address your complaint for the attention of the Luxembourg management team.
In order to be able to treat your complaint in the most effective and meaningful way, kindly include the following information in your communications:
- Your full name
- Contact details (telephone number, e-mail address, your role as complainant)
- Your organization
- Registered physical address
- Type of BNYM service, product or business area subject to your complaint
- Description of the matter leading to the complaint
- Any relevant documents and/or correspondence
- Any other relevant details regarding the complaint
Acknowledgment and Feedback
You should be receive a receipt acknowledging your complaint within 10 business days after you have issued it. Feedback on your complaint should be provided within one month.
If you have not received our acknowledgement within 10 business days or if you are not satisfied with the feedback we provided, you can initiate an out-of-court complaint procedure by contacting the CSSF.