BNY Mellon University guides employee learning and development paths from internship to executive management to build a culture of lifelong learning. Our courses support employees’ development goals and help them meet clients’ changing needs.
BNY Mellon University is a catalyst for innovation and a forum for sharing new technologies, technical resources and best practices with our people. It offers courses on global financial markets and specialized finance skills, role-specific training and management and leadership development. Learning paths are comprised of on-demand courses, virtual classrooms and on-site learning experiences that incorporate networking and collaboration. The faculty includes many of our own accomplished people and some of the best external thought leaders and subject matter experts.
BNY Mellon University guides employee learning and development paths from internship to executive management. In 2016, we created a new learning and development framework aligned to the BNY Mellon competency model.
BNY Mellon’s learning agenda addresses companywide learning and development needs to help employees grow, contribute and achieve their career goals. Our new approach includes live virtual training, social learning and on-demand resources.
- Summer Analyst Program (SAP): 10-week summer internship that gives undergraduate students strategic project work and extensive learning, networking and mentoring opportunities. SAP shows participants what it’s like to work for a competitive, global financial services organization.
Emerging Leader Program (ELP): 12-month program for high-potential, emerging leaders who are prepared to contribute to BNY Mellon’s business strategy. ELP allows participants to rotate across a specific business or function while working on strategic projects, developing leadership skills, building networks and accelerating their careers.
- New Hire Learning: Immerses new employees in BNY Mellon’s businesses and culture and the financial industry.
- Social Network Online Top Trader: Discussion forum on MySource Social. Provides economic/financial pages with market data feeds, interactive stock picking with a fictional $100,000 and gamification elements to motivate new employees.
- Navigate to Win: Primarily for individual contributors who are new to business or developing foundational professional skills. The program creates a winning standard for workplace effectiveness to guide daily performance, client service, productivity and teamwork.
- Operating to Win: Focuses on interpersonal skills such as collaboration, managing change, enhancing emotional intelligence, setting tangible goals and priorities and problem solving.
- Virtual Classrooms: Interactive blended learning experience where participants focus on targeted skills development such as decision-making, presentation skills and time management.
- MyDevelopment On-Demand Self-Study: Online courses employees can take anytime, anywhere, at their convenience. Includes Harvard ManageMentor modules and Intuition tutorials on all areas of financial services.
Management and Leadership Development
- Winning Start: Equips people moving from individual contributors to managers with the knowledge and tools to make a positive role transition.
- Managing to Win: Helps managers develop fundamental skills and competencies to manage and develop others.
- Leading to Win: Develops experienced managers’ skills and competencies to lead others and drive strategy, alignment and execution.
- Strategy to Win: Increases senior managers’ business and leadership acumen to accelerate organizational impact and optimize client experience.
- Open Enrollment: Develops fundamental skills and competencies to manage and develop others.
- New Managing Director Induction Series: A series of four, one-hour discussions with Executive Committee Members, each focused on what it takes to be strong enterprise leaders.
- CEO Executive Program: Gives key executive talent exposure to BNY Mellon Executive Committee members, expanded networks and insights into the company’s most important business initiatives.