Former U.S. Senator Christopher J. Dodd Opens Conference; Addresses Current Financial Climate and Regulation
BOSTON – November 7, 2011 — Eagle Investment Systems LLC, a leading provider of financial services technology and a subsidiary of BNY Mellon, has commenced its largest ever Client Conference being held at the Boca Raton Resort & Club in Boca Raton, FL from November 6 – 9. Keynote speaker, former U.S. Senator, Christopher Dodd, who co-sponsored the Dodd-Frank Act, will discuss the impact that legislation will have on business and the economy, along with many other issues.
This year's theme, Accelerate – Learn, Grow, Achieve, addresses the path most financial services organizations are taking in their quest to grow their businesses and achieve overall success. Eagle's client conference serves as a forum for providing knowledge and insight around new product innovations and industry trends. Clients will hear from market experts and Eagle leadership regarding the current and future progress of Eagle's solutions and services. The sessions are open and interactive enabling product, development, services and technology experts from Eagle to openly discuss new ideas and solutions with clients.
"This is a transitional time in the financial services industry," said John Lehner, president and chief executive officer of Eagle Investment Systems. "We are committed to helping clients navigate industry changes, and we have prepared a very compelling conference agenda to address best practices and processes for operating in the current landscape. Our program covers the current state of the industry and how it is being impacted by regulation, we highlight significant new features and innovation available to Eagle clients, and we have a number of clients presenting case studies on how Eagle has helped them achieve efficiency and accelerate their businesses."
Additionally, the conference presents a tremendous opportunity to discuss and demonstrate new Eagle solutions and services recently made available to clients. Some of the new updates that have been rolled out since June, Eagle's last major software release, include:
- Updates to Eagle ACCESS(SM), its secure private cloud, involve the decommissioning of its disaster recovery site in Newton, MA. Eagle is now live with a new primary data center in Pittsburgh as well as an existing site in Everett, MA.
- Additions to Data Integration Services, a service offered to Eagle ACCESS(SM) clients which provides and maintains feeds required for Eagle's investment accounting and performance measurement solutions, where more than 15 new interfaces to third parties were added including trading systems, reference data vendors, and custodians.
- Eagle Enrichment, a new capability which addresses data requirements to accurately represent risk with derivatives or other instruments, allows firms to decouple their reliance on investment accounting platforms and reduces deficiencies in modeling data. It enables portfolio, performance and risk managers to analyze the true impact of holdings with derivatives in their portfolios.
- Expanded multilingual support in Eagle's data management solution.
- Enhancements were made to Eagle's investment accounting solution around mortgaged-backed securities, lot selection methodologies and the control dashboard where additional information is presented to the end user resulting in more informed business decisions on potential exceptions.
- Various modifications to insurance schedules, within Eagle's insurance accounting solution, to address changing informational requirements.
- A seamless interface from RIMES to Eagle Performance to streamline the delivery of RIMES' "performance-ready" benchmark data in file formats explicitly built for Eagle clients.
- Improved GIPS® composite monitoring and disclosure usability.
Eagle Investment Systems is committed to helping financial institutions worldwide grow assets efficiently with its innovative portfolio management suite of data management, investment accounting and performance measurement solutions that are delivered over its secure private cloud, Eagle ACCESS(SM). Since 1989, Eagle has deployed trusted solutions and services that create operational efficiencies and help reduce complexity and risk. Eagle Investment Systems LLC is a subsidiary of BNY Mellon. Additional information is available at www.eagleinvsys.com.
BNY Mellon Asset Servicing offers clients worldwide a broad spectrum of specialized asset servicing capabilities, including custody and fund services, securities lending, performance and analytics, and execution services.
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, offering superior investment management and investment services through a worldwide client-focused team. It has $25.9 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $1.2 trillion in assets under management, services $11.9 trillion in outstanding debt and processes global payments averaging $1.6 trillion per day. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com and through Twitter@bnymellon.