Winston Pearson from BNY Mellon’s Manchester office, a 2015 finalist in the Black British Business Awards, Rising Star, Financial Services category
The finalists of the Black British Business Awards have been announced and BNY Mellon’s Winston Pearson from Manchester, England, has been named as one of three finalists in the rising star, financial services category.
Endorsed by the British Prime Minister, The Rt Hon David Cameron MP, the awards look to further strengthen recognition of the important contribution made by Black British business professionals and entrepreneurs.
The #BBBAwards launched in 2014 as the only premium awards program which recognizes and celebrates the exceptional performance and outstanding achievements of black entrepreneurs and professionals in Britain. This list recognizes the trailblazers and rising stars who represent the very best of the UK's vibrant business sector.
This year’s ceremony will be held at The Hilton Park Lane Hotel, London, on October 20, 2015, and will recognize 10 outstanding black business professionals and entrepreneurs in five industry categories:
• Financial Services (includes banks, brokers, payment services, insurance companies, credit cards, funds and regulators)
• Retail and Consumer Goods (includes food, beverage, household goods, retail, travel and leisure, cosmetics, personal and luxury goods)
• Infrastructure and Manufacturing (includes transportation, built environment, power and utilities)
• Professional Services (includes law, accounting, management consultancy and in-house professionals)
• Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (includes health, industrials, telecoms, pharmaceuticals, transport and energy)