Our Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) is one of the ways we seek to attract, develop and train high-quality, entry-level talent. If you have a passion for the financial services industry and you’re a high performer with a history of academic excellence and extracurricular achievements, you’ll find that BNY Mellon offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity in which to start your career.
Our Program at a Glance
- Five-weeks of in-person professional skills training, which includes business overviews and training in BNY Mellon products and services, global capital markets, risk, business and critical leadership skills as one cohort in New York.
- Three 12-14 week rotations with selected lines of business that combine learning with skill development through practical work. These targeted rotational tracks are focused on building your functional skill set, which will be of value to you as well as BNY Mellon as you continue your career.
- Ongoing learning assignments that will help develop technical, professional and interpersonal skills.
- Opportunity to gain insight into the company’s technology strategy through a short-term learning assignment in Client Technology Solutions.
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders, including mentors, executive sponsors and a dedicated program manager.
- Upon successful completion of rotations, associates are matched to a full-time role within their functional track based upon both business needs and associates’ preferences and performance throughout the program.
- Pittsburgh, New York City, London
- Business Partner Groups: Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Risk & Compliance
- Investment Management: Asset Management
- Investment Services: Client Service Delivery, Business Service Delivery, Relationship Management
We’re Looking for Emerging Talent
- Be enrolled in a 4-year degree (U.S.), or full-time degree (EMEA), program.
- Be willing to relocate or travel during the duration of the program.
- Not now, nor in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status in the region where they seek to work.
Candidates with a minimum GPA of 3.2 (U.S.), or a 2:1 (UK or local equivalent) minimum, are encouraged to apply.
What Makes Our Program Special
- Selective program size made up of both internal and external candidates that allows for more personal attention.
- Robust onboarding and training with our own ELP curriculum.
- Plenty of visibility and opportunities to interact with senior leaders and executive management one-on-one.
- During the initial onboarding and time between the three rotational assignments, employees participate in training and development opportunities with your ELP colleagues at our corporate headquarters in New York.
- Full commitment from our top-level management to make our program the premier talent program in the financial services industry.
Post Program Opportunities
- By the end of the ELP, successful employees will have gained an in-depth understanding of BNY Mellon and the financial markets, and will have the opportunity to be placed in a full-time role within their functional track.
- To ensure your ongoing success, the program managers and each employee assess the areas that best suit his/her interests and the skills that he/she has gained in order to find a full-time facilitated placement within their functional track. Subject to availability and acceptance by the participant of the employment offer letter, these placements are based upon business needs, and the associate’s preferences and performance throughout the program.