Exports and Excellence
As the second largest economy and most populous country of the world, China is seeking better management of capital flows and vast foreign reserves. In addition, an increasing number of institutional investors and high net worth individuals are seeking professional asset management and investment services. By seamlessly integrating our wide range of capabilities, which include Asset Servicing, Treasury Services, Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Services, and Depository Receipt Services, BNY Mellon offers comprehensive solutions to help our Chinese clients participate competitively in the global economy.
BNY Mellon has a solid capital base and strong credit ratings. We are prudent in managing our own business as well as our clients’ assets.
- 1993: Sponsors first-ever depository receipt from a Chinese company
- 1994: Opens Shanghai representative office to establish first business presence in mainland China
- 2000: Expands banking operations with opening of BNY Mellon Shanghai branch
- 2003: Moves into the Chinese capital with establishment of the Beijing representative office
- 2007: 1st non-domestic asset manager invited to advise on a QDII custody mandate
- 2007: Launches trade outsourcing services to Chinese financial institutions
- 2010: Establishes Beijing Branch to provide a comprehensive suite of financial services
- 2011: Obtains Renminbi business license to conduct Renminbi denominated financial transactions locally
- 2011: Opens a representative office for Data and Analytics Solutions (Eagle Investment Systems) in Beijing, to offer data management, investment accounting solutions and performance measurement to financial institutions.
- 2014: Obtains Derivative License for Shanghai Branch
- 2017: Establishes BNY Mellon Investment Management (Shanghai) Limited (“IM WFOE”) in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone to be focusing on investment management business in mainland China