Caroline Cruickshank, a strategy manager with the BNY Mellon Corporate Trust group, discusses how captives have developed increased risk awareness since the 2008 financial crisis.
The Evolving World of Structured Finance
Mitigating risk, building capital, and strengthening balance sheets remain essential goals. Structured finance remains an essential tool for achieving these goals and requires a strong service infrastructure.
We have the infrastructure
We deliver customized service solutions through teams of talented professionals, in markets around the world. To ensure we are lock-step with market change, we continue to create value in new and innovative ways:
- We are "ahead of the curve" in providing clearer, more comprehensive, and timely information on the characteristics and performance of asset.
- We set benchmarks for transparency, efficiency, and analytics in portfolio reporting.
- We have established innovative, document custody and e-vault services that are models of independent validation and safekeeping.
- We use our substantial range of strong core competencies and capabilities to deliver solutions that match new and evolving client and market needs.
Our expertise spans all asset classes from ABS, MBS/CMBS and CLOs to ABCP conduits, Credit Opportunity Funds. And since BNY Mellon's primary business is not in securities origination, we provide the third party independence that many institutional investors seek from administrative providers.
The solutions we customize frequently include more than one of the following areas of core competencies:
- Asset and portfolio administration
- Custody and safekeeping
- Data analytics and information management
- Financial services and tax reporting
- Middle and back-office support
Invested in You
Turn to BNY Mellon for unparalleled dedication, experience and support throughout your transaction process.