BNY Mellon asset servicing professionals discuss the impact of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive on the European Union financial markets regulatory system.
Central Securities Depository
BNY Mellon Central Securities Depository (CSD) provides streamlined new issues services and integrated settlement, safekeeping and portfolio services to the global marketplace. We are well-positioned to enhance efficiency, improve transparency and lower credit and market risk for participants in the global post-trade arena, in-line with regulatory imperatives. We offer clients access to integrated services across the wide spectrum of the securities servicing value chain.
As a result, BNY Mellon CSD will:
- Enable issuers to access capital effectively and communicate with their securities holders
- Deliver notary, settlement and safekeeping services for deposits of bonds, listed equities and other eligible securities
- Handle only dematerialised securities
BNY Mellon CSD SA/NV received regulatory approval from the National Bank of Belgium and by Belgian Royal Decree dated 18 December 2012 as a non-bank subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation.
- We are breaking new ground and redefining what it means to be a provider of investment services.
- BNY Mellon CSD is a part of the financial market infrastructure that leverages BNY Mellon's suite of securities processing services.
- BNY Mellon CSD offers new issues services, settlement and safekeeping services covering the full securities processing value chain.
European market infrastructure — exchanges, clearing and settlement systems — is experiencing a period of rapid and profound change. To meet the new challenges, we are working alongside European regulators and industry bodies, both local and supra-national, to help shape the on-going evolution of Europe's post-trade arena.
While these reforms are intended to make the securities markets more efficient for all participants, operating in the new environment necessitates new approaches and new thinking. Now is the time to turn to a trusted ally with the expertise and resources to help you navigate these changes and provide effective market-driven solutions designed to help you to succeed. Now is the time for BNY Mellon CSD.