Rotational Development Program
As the investments company for the world, BNY Mellon needs emerging talent to help us invest into the future. Our Rotational Development Program is one of the ways we seek to hire, develop and train high-quality, entry-level talent. If you have a passion for the financial services industry, are a high performer with a history of academic excellence and extracurricular achievements, you'll find that BNY Mellon offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity in which to start your career.
BNY Mellon Rotational Development Program At A Glance
- Eight- to 10-week orientation program in New York, including business overviews and training in credit, risk, accounting, business etiquette and leadership presence.
- Three four-month rotations that combine learning with skill development through practical work.
- Ongoing learning assignments that will help develop technical, professional and interpersonal skills.
- Other development activities including mentoring, networking events and executive presentations.
- Upon successful completion of rotations, participants will be matched to a full-time position based on their skills and interests and the needs of the business.
We're Looking for Emerging Talent
- Internal and external candidates who have successfully completed their undergraduate degrees (U.S.: 3.0 GPA, EMEA: 2.1 or better).
- Candidates with excellent judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, strong work ethic, excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrated personal leadership, the ability to be self-directed in a demanding, team-oriented environment.
- Strong understanding of financial markets; business acumen desired.
- Candidates who have an interest in a front office, middle office, back office or shared partner functions in Investment Services.
- Candidates should be open to relocation. Hires will be made in the geographic locations where they are authorized to work.
How is our Rotational Development Program Special
- Selective program size made up of both internal and external candidates that allows for more personal attention.
- Robust onboarding and training with our own Rotational Development Program curriculum.
- Lots of visibility and opportunities to interact with senior leaders and executive management one on one.
- During the initial onboarding and time between the three rotational assignments, you will participate in training and development opportunities with your Rotational Development Program colleagues at our corporate headquarters in New York.
- Full commitment from our top-level management to make our program the premier talent program in the financial services industry.
What Happens After The Completion Of The Rotational Development Program?
- By the end of the Rotational Development Program, you will have gained an in-depth understanding of BNY Mellon and the financial markets. Successful employees will have the opportunity to be placed in a front office, middle office or operational role within BNY Mellon.
- To ensure your ongoing success; you, the program managers and your rotational manager(s) will assess the areas that best suit your interests and the skills that you've gained in order to find a full-time facilitated placement. These placements are based upon business needs, and your preferences and performance throughout the program.
How to Express Interest in the Program
On-campus recruitment is under way for full-time applicants for the June 2014 Rotational Development Program. Applications were accepted from September 10 through October 25 for the 2013-14 U.S. program. Information about 2014-15 application dates will be posted soon.
EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) programme applications will be accepted through November 15. Join our Talent Community to receive job alerts and updates on BNY Mellon's Rotational Development Program.