BNY Mellon in Australia
BNY Mellon provides a full suite of sophisticated financial services that help Australian institutions move, manage and secure assets in capital markets around the world.
Commitment to Australia
BNY Mellon entered the Australian market in 1975 and has since become one of the leading global financial services firms in the country. From offices in Melbourne and Sydney we provide asset management, securities servicing, cash management and payments and trade services to a wide range of Australian institutions, including pension funds, banks, asset managers, insurance companies and government bodies.
Superannuation and Sustainability
Long regarded as a model for sustainability, Australia's superannuation system requires first-class financial services to stay on course. With superannuation assets and liabilities projected to grow significantly over the coming decades, Australia needs a financial services partner with the scale and scope to succeed. By seamlessly integrating our wide range of services, BNY Mellon delivers complete solutions to help Australia's institutions move ahead.
Financial Strength and Support
The services BNY Mellon delivers in Australia are bolstered by a solid capital base and strong credit ratings. As prudent in managing our own business as we are in managing and servicing our clients' assets, BNY Mellon is recognized throughout the industry for the integrity with which we meet our clients' needs.
BNY Mellon Milestones in Australia
- Launches BNY Mellon Asset Management Australia Limited to provide a wide range of traditional and alternative investment strategies, 2003.
- Pareto Investment Management Limited became a wholly owned subsidiary of BNY Mellon in 2004. It's one of the largest active currency managers in Australia with over US$18 billion in currency overlays managed for Australian superannuation funds and institutional investors.
- Establishes Corporate Trust Business in Australia, 2005.
- Launches state-of-the-art custody vault in Roseberry, providing secure document services including reporting, imaging, storage and retrieving, 2008.
- Launches several new Depositary Receipt programs for corporates and financial institutions to push BNY Mellon's market share of the Australian and New Zealand Depositary Receipt market past 90%, 2009-2012.
- Obtains license from the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) to conduct banking business as a Foreign Authorized Deposit-taking Institution, 2009.
- Acquires Penson WorldWide's Australia Unit and becomes the largest fully disclosed retailed clearing firm in Australia, 2011.
- #1 ranking for BNY Mellon's Corporate Trust Services according to The Asset magazine's "Best in Corporate Trust - Australia" award, 2010-2012.