We strive to make our operations as reliable and effective as possible, driving increased standards for environmental performance. Our strategic management of environmental resources achieves a positive effect on the bottom line, helps manage risk, inspires ways to help our clients succeed, and supports our communities around the world.
Environmental Sustainability Statement
BNY Mellon's commitment to corporate social responsibility includes the environmentally prudent management of our facilities around the world; collaboration with suppliers to improve our indirect environmental impacts; environmental programs; and education for employees; green investments and socially responsible products offered to clients.
Our Environmental Sustainability Commitments
- Continue to globally measure, monitor and reduce our electrical energy consumption and associated greenhouse gas emissions against a 2008 baseline at tracked properties under company control
- Incorporate sustainable design into new and retrofit construction projects, as well as operations and maintenance programs to improve efficiency and environmental performance of our offices
- Monitor, measure and reduce our water consumption through improved water efficiency at properties under company control
- Increase quantities of waste diverted from landfill, through increased recycling and alternative waste management solutions
- Collaborate with key suppliers to increase purchase and use of products/ services that reduce our indirect impacts on the environment
- Increase sourcing of recycled and sustainably sourced products and materials
- Track, measure and decrease our global paper consumption through reduction programs and technology efficiencies
- Develop an education program to raise employee awareness of environmental issues and promote responsible behavior, thereby helping employees to positively impact the environment in their work lives
- Develop global capabilities to provide the services needed to help the environmental markets grow and mature
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions associated with our global corporate business travel